Here's what I received in my welcome package and letter:
- A full-color Internal Polar Year - North and South Pole map
- An Antarctica beer coaster
- 5 polar-related covers (counting the one my welcome letter came in)
- A polar postal card
- $5 Antarctican paper currency
- U.S. Coast Guard Icebreaker Staten Island information pamphlet
For the $22 annual membership fee, I also receive a quarterly subscription to the Ice Cap News and can purchase other ASPP publications. I've already found value in the Ice Cap News since it listed the station address of several polar stations where I can send my own SASE to be mailed home from the poles! I'm really looking forward to exploring what other benefits my new membership will afford me.