My Philatelic BlogThis blog is dedicated to the topic of Philately. That's stamp collecting for those of you not in the know. I've been participating in this great hobby since I was seven-years-old and it has provided me with many hours of intellectual enjoyment. If you are interesting in starting a collection, drop me a comment, and I'll be glad to help you out.
My blog will include a variety of stamp-related topics, but the areas where I focus most of my collecting interest include:
- Polar Philately: This area includes stamps related to the North and South Poles and stamps issued from countries geographically in a polar region. My definition is a bit loose and includes the following countries and territories:
- Australian Antarctic Territory (AAT)
- British Antarctic Territory (BAT)
- French Southern and Antarctic Territory (FSAT, TAAF)
- Falkland Islands and Dependencies
- Ross Dependency of New Zealand
- South Georgia
- Polar Bases from all countries
- Stamps featuring polar topics
- Poland: This area includes present-day Poland and related material.
- POW camp issues
- German Occupation Issues
- Plate flaw varieties
- Postal Stationery
- 1919 Local posts
- Czechoslovakia: I'm especially interested in the Hradcany castle issues.
- Postally used Africa, especially British Africa
- Hong Kong
- Covers from exotic locations
Post a Comment